Selling your home can be an overwhelming experience, which is why most homeowners choose to utilize a real estate agent to handle the selling process.
After all, the right agent will have a thorough in-depth knowledge of all the ins and outs of the real estate market.
In addition, he or she will likely have ample professional connections for the various services needed.
Additionally, consummate agents are generally good listeners in the area of your specific needs and can help guide you along the way.
Two Million Real Estate Agents in the U.S.
- There is no shortage of real estate agents in any market for you to choose from. In fact, according to the Association of Real Estate License Law Officials, the U.S. has more than two million of them.
- However, the challenge is with so many to choose from, this can be an entirely new challenge on its own. After all, you’ll need to be able to trust your agent’s ability to navigate a complex transaction, thereby ensuring the best possible results.
- Great agents need to offer a combination of real estate market expertise and first-class negotiation. It also helps to represent a reputable brokerage to support the process of listing and selling your home.
Smooth & Successful
- Homeowners have had to choose good real estate agents for ages, which means certain guidelines have been set for choosing one.
- From communicating your specific needs to being open to learning a new process, a few well-placed pointers could be just the thing needed for helping you locate the best agent for making your home-selling experience a smooth and successful one.
Selling a Home in California
- If you’re one of the many homeowners deciding to sell your home in California, you have numerous significant decisions in front of you to consider.
- You and your spouse may be facing life as empty nesters or are simply intent on downsizing considerably. Or, your family may have grown to the point that you’re ready for a larger home.
- It may be that a job transfer or promotion is influencing having to sell your current home. Whatever your reason for moving, it goes without saying that you want your home to sell quickly and at a good price that will fit your needs.
Choosing the Right Real Estate Agent
If you’re thinking seriously about selling a home in California, your first step should be choosing a great Real Estate Agent to represent you as the seller. If you’ve never sold a home before, you might not know exactly what to look for in an agent. Here are some of the requirements that you should be sure to look for:
1. Longevity & Experience
For starters, you want a realtor who has a few years in the business under his or her belt when selling a home in California.
Don’t be afraid to ask this all-important question. Knowing how long they’ve been involved in the real estate field, and how many homes they have sold before, gives you a better idea of their experience.
2. Clear Communication
Sit down with your potential real estate agent and have a discussion about the real estate market overall. You’ll want to be sure that he or she can clearly communicate the current market conditions.
From there, make sure that you’re both on the same page and that the lines of communication are wide open. This exchange should also give you a good idea of your potential agent’s communication skills.
3. Let’s Negotiate
This one’s a little tougher than the others but nevertheless very important in the process. One good idea is to strike up a negotiation with your potential real estate agent to see if they have good negotiating skills.
You could start by opening a casual conversation regarding the fee they will charge. While you may agree completely with the proposed fee, a short negotiation can give you an idea of what they are bringing to the table.
If a person handles negotiations well, it can go a long way to get you what you’re looking for out of the sale.
4. Full-Service Brokerage For Best Results
Searching for an agent (as well as a company) to take your home sale from start to finish can be somewhat daunting. Selling your home has a lot of moving parts.
This is why working with an agent at a full-service brokerage can help with simplifying the entire process.
This means that you want a real estate brokerage that is backed by a good reputation and has strong relationships with multiple options for services like insurance, mortgages, and title insurance for both buyers and sellers.
In the event that something were to go sideways in a transaction, a credible brokerage can provide a reliable support system that you might not get with other companies.
5. Do Background Research
The web can be your best friend when you’re looking for that perfect real estate agent for selling a home in California.
You’ll find a wealth of information at your fingertips regarding a potential real estate agent and brokerage.
Start by exploring their websites for the purpose of seeing what prior clients are saying about them. You’ll want to still request referrals and make sure who you choose lives up to their reputation.
6. Beware of Lofty Promises
You don’t want to just pick the first agent who makes you a promise to sell your home for maximum money without other considerations.
The goal isn’t finding an agent who promises the best deal, but instead to look for one who you can easily work with and count on for protecting your interests.
7. Look For A Professional Marketing Plan
Your chosen agent is going to need a viable marketing plan aimed at helping you with getting top dollar for your home in the least amount of time.
You’ll soon find out that there are numerous fast-moving parts in real estate marketing and any good plan may include, but not be limited to the following:
- An MLS listing
- Appealing professional photos
- Professional Flyers
- A well-orchestrated open house
- A well-produced virtual tour
- Ample Internet exposure
- Extensive email marketing
Contact Us | We can’t wait to speak with you!
Now that you’re armed with a few pointers about choosing the right real estate agent for selling a home in California, you can feel more confident entering into negotiations and settling on the perfect agent for your situation.
Remember, you’re working together, so keep those lines of communication open for optimum results! Contact us today to get your questions answered!